Friday, January 18, 2008

Gestational Diabetes

Well, I got the news yesterday that I have gestational diabetes. The three hour glucose test came back high, I failed two of the four tests. I had a feeling I might fail because of the symptoms I was having. I was avoiding learning too much about GD before I knew I actually had it, but now I need to start doing some more research. Now that I know I have it, all I'm concerned about is the baby. I don't care if I have to take my blood 20 times a day and eat poop, I will do it if it means she will be okay. Thats a bit extreme, but you know what I mean :)
From what I read, the things I worry about the most are:

passing the diabetes down to her
Her being a really big baby
diabetes showing up for me later in life
having to induce labor because of GD

I found out today that these are the next steps:

Thursday Jan. 24 @ 9:00 - teaching with dietician - 1 hour
Thursday Jan. 24 @ 10:00 - teaching with clinician - 1 hour
Tuesday Jan. 29 @ 8:15 - consult with Dr. Kong
Tuesday Jan. 29 @ 9:00 - Diabetes physiotherapist

I wonder if we will be paying cash for all these appointments since my medical hasnt been accepted yet? Probably.

Fun, fun. I will keep you all posted.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home